A vacancy exists for a Permanent Engineering Technician within the Maintenance Team. This role will directly report to the Maintenance Supervisor. This role is a shift role.
Based within the Dublin manufacturing facility, the overall responsibility of the technician will be to complete all maintenance activites as required on site.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- To work as an Engineering Technician and perform the following day to day duties within across the business units to agreed standards and run rates:
- Diagnose and repair machine breakdowns
- Develop and/or assist in machine improvements and identify and become involved in all continuous improvement’s projects aimed at optimizing equipment effectiveness
- Complete all CMMS duties as per company SOPs
- Schedule and plan work so that it is completed in a safe, compliant and timely manner
- Complete machine changeovers and running adjustments when required
- Focus on delivering the production and maintenance schedule and to reduce downtime
- Complete activities assigned as per company SOPs
- To assist in the development of technical training and in delivering training to all business units and operations department members
- To work closely with other departments and business units in resolving problems on equipment or raw/packaging materials
- To operate any computer-based equipment as may be necessary to fulfil job role e.g. Pemac, BMS, ePAS4, MyDoc, PMS
- Maintain all company documentation to the highest GMP standard and ensure all company documentation is completed correctly e.g. work orders, logbooks, autoclave forms, LPRs, training records, plant data books etc.
- Compile and participate in shift handover meetings to ensure continuous smooth running and proper communication of issues
- Engineering Technicians should be cross trained, interchangeable and flexible to cover maintenance activities relating to other areas
- Foster a Right First-Time approach to engineering maintenance and documentation
What you'll need to succeed
You must have completed time as an apprentice and must hold the appropriate trade certificate.
Skills & Experience
Minimum 5 years relevant industrial experience working as a maintenance fitter/ maintenance electrician/engineering technician within Pharma/Medical Device or Food Production is required.
Strong understanding of GMP and a right first time approach is a must.
Experience in a reliability centered maintenance organisation is desired but not necessary
A third level qualification is desired but not necessary
Experience in a machine shop environment on CNC Lathe, CNC Milling machine and welding is essential
Attitude & Behaviours
A “can do” attitude and genuine enthusiasm for driving improvements
A positive mindset of Safety First
Be output and result-focused with a high attention to detail
Have demonstrated capabilities in problem solving
Collaborates: A confident team player who can work with a high degree of autonomy.
Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Ensures accountability: Holds themselves and others accountable for meeting commitments.
Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
What you will receive
A competitive salary
22 Days Annual Leave + Two Company Days
Pension with 10% employer contribution
Health Care Allowance
Free Car Parking