Continuous Improvement Specialist
Continuous Improvement Specialist
A vacancy exists for a Permanent Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist within the CI Team. This role will directly report to the CI Senior Manager.
Based within the Dublin manufacturing facility, the overall responsibility of the CI Executive is to drive Improvement mind-set change through use of Tools, Systems and Behaviours.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Driving CI behaviours and mind-sets – Coach teams on use of CI tools to drive self-sufficiency in each area
- Implement CI systems and process to embed CI way of working – Visual management, 5S, Standard problem solving
- Driving technical CI projects – OEE improvement, yield improvement, Waste elimination, deviation reduction, Cost optimisation
- Problem solving – leading problem solving activities under pressure – driving results using structured problem solving, coaching and delivery training on problem solving
- Value stream analysis –Leading activities linked to Flow, connecting processes and changing thinking around optimising flow.
- Visual Management – Implementing Visual management as a tool to drive improvement
- OEE - Executing projects to improve OEE, managing systems related to OEE monitoring and recording
- Hoshin Kanri – Leading exercise to develop and cascade site goals and strategic direction
- CI COE tasks – Supporting the CI Centre of excellence through standard processes including CI of the month, best practice sharing etc.
- CI Board management- managing process for implementing improvement ideas
- Coaching and training CI team members and developing junior team members through sharing of knowledge and experience.
- Deputising for the CI manager as assigned.
- The CI executive may also be required to takes on various site tasks to support the business need where the CI skillset is beneficial to the business.
- In addition, CI executive is expected to fulfil basic requirements of role within LEO including but not limited to: maintaining personal compliance with all site Safety, Quality and HR standards
What you'll need to succeed
You must have Third level qualification in a Scientific or Engineering Discipline and possess a Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
Skills & Experience
Minimum 5 years experience driving change through CI/Operational Excellence in a manufacturing environment.
Attitude & Behaviours
- A “can do” attitude and genuine enthusiasm for driving improvements
- A positive mindset of Safety First
- Be output and result-focused with a high attention to detail
- Collaborates: A confident team player who can work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ensures accountability: Holds themselves and others accountable for meeting commitments.
- Instills Trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Nimble learner
- Situational adaptability
- Values differences
The closing date for all applications is 30/11/2021.
All applications must include a CV, without a CV your application will not be considered.
All internal candidates must notify their direct manager if they apply for this role. Failure to do so, will result in you not being considered for this position.